40 tonnes & Under Stiff Boom Crane Operator Program
Bigfoot Crane Academy offers a comprehensive certification program designed to prepare you for a career as a crane operator. This program is one-of-a-kind; through a blend of theory and practical training you will be fully prepared to challenge the Level A assessment which takes place on the last day of the 3-week program. Upon successful completion you will be a fully certified Level A – 40 tonnes & Under Stiff Boom and Unlimited Tonnage Folding Boom Crane operator. With Level A Certification you will be able to start working without any supervision restrictions or company sponsorship. Level A Certification is non-expiry and fully recognized in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State and the Yukon.
- Pre-operational inspection
- Hazard assessment and incident reporting
- Rigger Certification Course
- Crane load chart interpretation
- Radio communications and hand signals
- Crane maintenance requirements
- Crane set-up & dismantle procedures
- Written lift plans for critical lifts
- Equipment logbook
- WorksafeBC Regulations,
- ASME Codesand CSA Standards related to crane safety
The Certification Assessment is completed by a Fulford Certification assessor, who determines if you pass or fail. After you are certified as a Full Scope Stiff Boom 40 tonnes and under/Unlimited tonnage Folding Boom Crane Operator, you may begin your career with no operating restrictions.
- Adequate hearing, vision and depth perception
- Manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Fluent English
The Stiff Boom Crane Operator Certification Program is scheduled on demand. Classes are from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday at Bigfoot Crane Company, 2170 Carpenter Street in Abbotsford B.C.