Program Status: Currently Accepting Applications
Self-Erecting Tower Crane Course
Bigfoot Crane Academy’s self-erecting tower crane course is taught by an accomplished Crane and Rigging Instructor, this training program combines in-class content with practical experience. Students receive 3 days of classroom theory and 4 days of hands on practical training with the certification assessment on the last day. The goal of this training program is to equip you for a safe career as a knowledgeable, confident and certified Self-Erecting Tower Crane Operator.
The Self-Erecting Tower Crane Course includes 4 core components:
- Level 1 Rigger Certification
- Common Crane Core Theory
- Hands on Practical
- Level A Full Scope Certification
After 8 days, you are fully prepared for your Full Scope Certification theory and practical exams to become a certified crane operator. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you become a certified Full Scope Self-Erecting Crane Operator with no restrictions.
- Pre-operational inspection
- Hazard assessment and incident reporting
- Rigger Certification Course
- Crane load chart interpretation
- Radio communications and hand signals
- Crane maintenance requirements
- Crane erection & dismantle procedures
- Written lift plans for critical lifts
- Equipment logbook
- WorksafeBC Regulations,
- ASME Codes and CSA Standards related to crane safety
Tuition and Fees
$18,950.00 + 5% gst (includes all assessment, certification fees and manual)
Assessment is completed by a Fulford Certification assessor, who determines if you pass or fail. After you are certified as a Full Scope Self-Erect Crane Operator, you may begin your career with no operating restrictions.
- Manual dexterity
- Adequate hearing and vision
- Good reading comprehension
- Fluent English
The Self Erecting Tower Crane Course is scheduled on demand. Classes are from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday at Bigfoot Crane Company, 2170 Carpenter Street in Abbotsford B.C.