Program Status: Currently Accepting Applications
Load Turning & Drifting – Advanced Rigger Certification Course
Once you have completed Level 2 Advanced Rigging, you can develop more specialized rigging skills with our 8 hour Load Turning & Drifting rigging course.
Participants will gain the ability to calculate mechanical advantage, rotate a load safely, move loads in confined spaces using overhead anchor points and many other highly specialized rigging skills.
Please call for information on upcoming dates for this course
Blocks & Reeving
- Calculate mechanical advantage
- Calculate loads on lead lines and anchor points
- Block inspections
- Balanced reeving
- Types of wire rope construction
- Creating wire rope terminations with clips and wedge sockets
- Correct use of lever hoists (come alongs), chain falls and base mounted winches
- Inspection of auxiliary hoists
- How to rotate a load safely by applying knowledge of load weight, COG & tip point
- Correctly turning loads with choker hitches
Drifting Loads (Bull Rigging)
- Move loads in confinded spaces vertically and horizontally with overhead anchor points and chainfalls
- Calculating tension on the chain falls as the load moves through its lifting path
Tuition and Fees
$1,200.00 + gst per person (Group discounts apply)
Assessment is completed by the instructor who is a Rigger Certifier.
The Load Turning & Drifting Rigger Certificate of Competence is valid for 5 years upon successful completion
If you want to take the next step and become a certified crane operator, Bigfoot Crane Academy has many options to propel you into a high paying career as a fully certified Level A crane operator.
Custom Rigging Course
We have many years of experience delivering rigging training in all sectors of construction. Give us a call to schedule a custom rigging course for your employees that is tailored to your requirements.
- Level 2 Rigger Certification
- Fluent English
- Adequate strength to work with rigging & accessories
Location – Courses can be run at our Bigfoot Crane Academy location or yours.
The Rigging Courses are scheduled on demand and the duration is 1 day.
The fee will be $1,200.00 + gst per person (Includes Advanced Rigging Course and Certification Assessment)
Classes are from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday.