The Level 1 Rigger Certification Course takes 1 day to complete (up to 8 students per session). After the course, you are fully prepared to be a competent rigger on any jobsite.
Taught by an accomplished crane instructor and Rigger Certifier, the Level 1 Rigger Certification Course combines in-class content with practical experience. Students receive classroom theory and hands on practical training including calculating load weights, finding load center of gravity, rigging loads and making actual crane lifts giving direction to the crane operator. The goal of the Level 1 training program is to equip you for a safe career as a knowledgeable and confident rigger.
Tuition and fees
$1,100.00 + gst (includes all assessment, certification fees and manual)
- Crane and hoisting hand signals
- Load weight estimation
- Location of the load center of gravity (COG)
- Rigging hardware and appropriate uses
- Rigging hardware inspection and rejection criteria (regulations varied by jurisdiction)
- Use of rigging tables to select appropriate hardware for hoisting
- Sling angle capacity calculation
- Care and storage of rigging hardware
- Common hazards and safety around cranes and overhead hoists
- Lift planning and advanced topics awareness
Assessment is completed by the instructor who is a Rigger Certifier.
After you are certified as a Level 1 Rigger you will receive a Fulford Cranesafe picture ID wallet card valid for 5 years.
If you want to take the next step and become a certified crane operator, Bigfoot Crane Academy has many options to propel you into a high paying career as a fully certified Level A crane operator.
Custom Rigging Course
We have many years of experience delivering rigging training in all sectors of construction. Give us a call to schedule a custom rigging course for your employees that is tailored to your requirements.
- Adequate strength
- Fluent English
- Good reading comprehension
Location – Courses can be run at our location or yours.
The Rigging Courses are scheduled on demand. Classes are from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday.